Welcome to my Weblog

A Childlike Story of Me

Friday, June 5, 2009

Instrumentation & Control Technology Day

4th June 2009

Thursday

Here goes the report of the 2009 Instrumentation and Control Technology Day, held in Holiday Inn Shah Alam from 2-4 of June 2009.

  • The event was organized by DFIC department and include participants from SKO, PMO, engineers from operation plants such as Angsi and international speakers from Petronas overseas operating units.
  • The three of us, Kimi, Syaji and me, namely the new trainees were not allocated any place in the event, so there is no room reserved for us. Since our participation in the event is an order from En. kamarulzaman himself, the organizing committees have tried their best to accommodate us. Thus, I were to reside with my senior, Ibrahim and a newly engineer (I forgot his name), both of them are Sudanese. Kimi with other 2 seniors, while Syaji decided to go to her house in Shah Alam.
  • That evening, we were to help the committees in registration process of the participants. That night, after officiating ceremony, we were told that there is an extra room due to the absentees of one of the participant. Thus, Kimi and me got our own room. The room I tell you…was awesome, (mind you, it’s a 4 star hotel man!)
  • The next day’s schedule was not really interesting, mostly presentations from engineers. I don’t know, maybe its just me who felt that. The most anticipating activity is meal time, whether it is breakfast/lunch/dinner, it brings such joy and excitement. If I were to indulge my desires, I will not let go any foods/meal served. Hehe what a pathetic.
  • The second’s night dinner was quite interesting. We have a barbeque party held in the swimming pool area. There are a lot of good foods which I never tasted before. I used this time to chit-chat with the engineers, asked them questions and take notes their advices. While having our dinner, we were entertained by the famous nasyid singer, Amar. He performed several magic tricks and sang some of his famous song (my favorite is nurul iman song). I got the chance to shake his hand and take pic with him. Later before the dinner ends, there were lucky draw, and guess what, I was the lucky one. Alhamdulillah..rezeki tu.
  • The last day is the continuity of yesterday’s presentation before the best speaker and best paper are chosen. The event ends with a closing ceremony and another lucky draw. We back to Wangsa Maju, again by LRT. Thanks to Syaji for sending us to the station.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Powered by Blogger